"Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to re-write House rules today to ensure that the Republican minority is unable to have any influence on legislation," reports Connie Hair in Human Events.
"Pelosi’s proposals are so draconian, and will so polarize the Capitol, that any thought President-elect Obama has of bipartisan cooperation will be rendered impossible before he even takes office."
Nancy Pelosi’s rule changes for "fairness" in the House of Representatives will…
- bar Republicans from offering alternative bills
- bar Republicans from proposing amendments to Democratic bills
- bar Republicans of open debate for any legislation during the entire 111th Congress
- repeal the six-year limit for committee chairmen
- repeal other House Rule reform measures enacted in 1995
In other words, Speaker Pelosi is telling Republicans to sit down and shut up.
Barely a week before the November 2008 election, Senator Pelosi said,
"Elect us, …and if the Democrats win, and have substantial majorities, [the] Congress of the United States will be more bipartisan.”
Pelosi’s definition of “bipartisan” is when a Republican like Senator John McCain votes with Democrats. When a Democrat like Senator Joe Lieberman supports the President’s policies in Iraq and the war on terrorism, that is treason.